Nancy E. Gianakos is a Partner at Aiello, DiFalco & Gianakos LLP , Garden City, NY practices exclusively in matrimonial and family law in the New York metropolitan area; admitted in CT (1981), NY (1993) and NJ (1992); is a member of the NYSBA, Nassau County Bar Association Matrimonial and Family Law Committees and International Association of Collaborative Professionals, a Master of the American Family Law Inns of Court,; and former chair of the NCBA Publications Committee and editor of the Nassau Lawyer and a published author .
- Western New England University
- School of Law, J.D. (1981)
- Admitted: Connecticut State Bar (1981)
- New Jersey State Bar (1992), New York State Bar (1993)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1999), U.S. Court of Federal Claims (1999)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (1999)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces (1999)
- U.S. District Courts for the E. District of New York (1999)
- District of Connecticut J.D. (1981)
Ms. Gianakos frequently lectures to civic organizations, for the Nassau County Bar Association Academy of Law; for the Queens , Suffolk and New York State County Bar Associations, and the American Family Law Inns of Court.
Family Law Committee, the New York State Bar Association; Matrimonial Committee, Nassau County Bar Association;
Master, American Family Law Inns of Court
International Association of Collaborative Professionals
Member of the Long Island Business Owner Advisory Council and
LI Chapter of the Exit Planning Institute.
Former Chair of the Publications Committee,
Nassau County Bar Association; Editor, Nassau
Lawyer (2009-2011), and currently Matrimonial Focus
Editor of the Nassau Lawyer.
She serves on the Advisory Board of the Nassau County Bar Association Academy of Law, former Board of Director NCBA (2011-2013),
and Mediator for the Matrimonial Alternative Dispute
Resolution Program (Nassau County 2012).
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated firm and attorney
- 2016 Outstanding Women in the Law/Hon. Gail A. Prudente Award
- New York Super Lawyer since 2012
- Nassau Lawyer, NCBA
- The Family Law Journal, NYSBA
- Family Law in New York, 2016 Carolina Academic Press